Your mind is a GARDEN.
Your thoughts are the seeds.
You can grow FLOWERS
or you can grow WEEDS.
Dear sisters, HAPPY SUMMER! It’s official. Today is the first day of summer and I couldn’t be happier… Why? Well, why not? Yes, it’s going to get hot, and humid and sticky and sweaty and buggy, and some days it might just be plain miserable. So miserable you can’t even think straight unless your within inches of your air conditioner at all times. I’ve been known to take my meals there if needed. ( I’m 51, and hotter than ever ) But, you know what? That’s not all that happens in summer time! For starters, once school let’s out ( three days left for our freshmen in high school) we get to spend more time with our chill ins’ just chillin’. Some people get to go on vacation to sights unseen or perhaps travel some new territory for adventure or to experience another culture. Other’s go to family reunions, or to a cottage, cabin or GLAMP- site to relax and unwind. To me the best part about going away in the summer is coming home. Not because I don’t like going away to the BEACH or other places ( you know better than that) but because I MISS MY GARDEN when I’m away and I’m always anxious to see how much things have grown in my absence.
Summer is here and it’s GOOD GROWIN’ from here on out! I can’t wait to show you what’s bloomin’ at Dandelion House ( weeds and all) and along the shorelines. Come on! Grab your big floppy garden hat and let’s get going!
What a whirl wind spring can be. There’s always so much to do to get a new season off the ground and let’s not forget that revolving TO-DO list we all have with the carry overs from the previous season. This year has been particularly busy here at our little homestead. It’s a good thing I caught a case of Farmgirlitus .Contrary to other ailments that might keep a girl down for a few days, Farmgirlitus has the opposite effect. There’s no mistaking it once you are infected but here’s a list of some of the more common symptoms just in case you think you might have it too:
1) your mind will race with ideas for projects inside and out
2) you’ll have the urge to dig up huge sections of your yard and replace it with food and flowers.
3) your heart will race at the sight of backyard blueberry shrubs at your local nursury and vivid paint colors.
4) you have an insatiable desire to get up early on the weekends to go junk’n and haunt your favorite thrift stores.
5) you drag home anything and everything so you can repurpose it.
6) you buy your first goat/s
7) you get your first batch of chickens
8) you build a chicken coop
9) you build a greenhouse
10) you glam up your very own vintage trailer and hit the open road with Farmgirls on the Loose
11) you have a hard time falling asleep at night due to feeling just a tad over excited about EVERYTHING… but, once you do drift off you dream in happy colors.
12). you are having WAY MORE FUN compared to those who do not suffer from Farmgirlitus.
Symptoms WILL vary depending on the farmgirl: Add yours to the list at the bottom of this post!